The Rio Grande Down Syndrome Network partners with community organizations across northern New Mexico that provide valuable services to members in our community. Click on name below to redirect to their website. If you would like to add to the below lists, please click here and submit.
Parents Reaching Out
A non-profit organization that works with parents, caregivers, educators, and other professionals to promote healthy, positive and caring experiences for families and children. https://parentsreachingout.org/
The mission of the Center of Development & Disability at UNM (CDD) is the full inclusion of people with disabilities and their families in their community by engaging individuals in making life choices, partnering with communities to build resources, and improving systems of care.
The CDD accomplishes this mission through innovative:
- Interdisciplinary training
- Dissemination of information
- Provision of exemplary direct service and technical assistance
- Applied research
- Guided by individuals with disabilities and their families who help design, provide, and evaluate our efforts, the Center for Development and Disability:
- Identifies, develops, and strengthens opportunities and choices for all persons with disabilities and their families throughout their lives so that they are included in all aspects of society;
- Participates in collaborations to enhance resources and maximize opportunities for all persons with disabilities, their families, and those who support them;
- Responds to the most important interests and concerns of all persons with disabilities and their families through leadership in education, research and service; and
- Influences policies to reflect what is known about the variety of strengths and needs of all persons with disabilities and their families, while recognizing and integrating the diverse values of individuals, families, and communities.
The following values direct the work of the CDD and its programs:
- Cultural and linguistic diversity
- Inclusion and accessibility for all individuals
- Partnerships and collaboration that encourages capacity building within communities
- Innovative, interdisciplinary, and research-based practice