Register for the Bike Camp here
Requirements for Participation (Rider must meet all of the below criteria):
· Minimum age - 8 years old
· Able to sidestep to both sides
· Have a disability
· Able to attend camp all 5 days
· Able to walk without assistive device
· Maximum weight 220 lbs.
· Willing and able to wear a properly fitted bike helmet
· Minimum inseam of 20” (measure from floor while rider is wearing sneakers)
· Accompanied by parent/guardian willing and able to intervene or assist staff as requested in addressing any prolonged disruptive or aggressive behavior
NOTE: Dropping-off Riders at the program is not permitted. A parent, legal guardian or other adult authorized to take responsibility for the Rider (e.g. another parent) must remain on site for duration of each day's 75-minute program.
Camp host: Rio Grande Down Syndrome Network
Camp location: Volcano Vista High School Gym - 8100 Rainbow BLVD, Albuquerque, NM 87114
Fee: $75 deposit. If you attend the full duration of camp (75 minutes for 5 days), your deposit will be refunded.
Any family that has a financial hardship
, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will work with the family.