We promised to let you know if our computer based game format (CBI) is accessible for use with screen readers. Our contractor has completed the requests made by the FDIC 508 compliant staff. The CBI should be readable using assistive technology. There is also audio that can be turned on to use the CBI if needed.
Also, we learned that the registration period for our Money Smart Advance Team has been extended to August 1st so I encourage you to sign up for that. As a refresher, here is some information on that:
The FDIC has formed the new Money Smart Advance Team (MSAT). Federally insured financial institutions, non-profit organizations that have been recognized as tax-exempt by IRS, Federal agencies, K-12 schools or school districts, colleges or universities, and other state or local government agencies (including governmental entities) that engage in financial education activities, or plan to do so, and who join the MSAT will get an early look at the updated instructor-led Money Smart for Adults curriculum, scheduled for release in September, and other benefits.
Individuals and other types of organizations not listed here are ineligible to join the Money Smart Alliance at this time.
Money Smart Advance Team
Money Smart Advance Team (MSAT) is a limited-time program open only for Money Smart Alliance Members that teach the FDIC’s Money Smart for Adults program. The MSAT will operate through Winter 2019.
The updated Money Smart for Adults is expected to be released in September 2018!
- Feature new content, activities, and design;
- Offer modernized learning tools; and
- Incorporate instructional best practices and feedback from users.
The benefits to joining include:
- Advanced copies of the updated instructor-led Money Smart for Adults products;
- Early training to orient your staff to the new materials; and
- Eligibility for recognition in a special edition of Money Smart News that will highlight several noteworthy examples of curriculum implementation.
- Want advance copies before the public release?
The MSAT is a subset of the Money Smart Alliance. To apply for Money Smart Alliance membership and join the MSAT, indicate your organization’s planned use of Money Smart for Adults during the Alliance enrollment process by July 1, 2018.
Current Money Smart Alliance members can join the MSAT by adding Money Smart for Adults to their Alliance member profile by August 1, 2018.