2018 Scholarship Application
National Down Syndrome Conference
July 12-15, 2018
Sheraton Dallas Hotel, Dallas, TX
The Rio Grande Down Syndrome Network will be offering scholarships to the 2018 National Down Syndrome Congress Annual National Conference July 12-15 in Dallas,TX. Previous scholarship recipients from 2017, 2016 and/or 2015 are excluded. 5 scholarships will be awarded. If more than 5 families submit a scholarship request, a random drawing will take place to award scholarships. Only RGDSN members are able to submit a scholarship request.
The purpose of the scholarship is to allow the scholarship recipients to have an opportunity to experience the latest information from experts in the Down syndrome field. Therefore, scholarship recipients are expected to share their experiences with RGDSN. When scholarship recipients return from the convention, a survey will need to be completed.
Scholarship application must be completed and submitted online by March 3,2018. Scholarship recipients will be notified by March 18, 2018.
Scholarship May Include some or all of the following based on applicante pool:
- Travel expenses for individual with Down syndrome and one caregiver/parent up to $1000 for both.
- Provide 1 hotel room for 3 nights in Dallas for up to $600.
- If individual with Down syndrome and caregiver fly, provide transportation to and from hotel and airport for up to $80.
- Provide family registration for family and up to $200 in other conference services (i.e. kids camp, etc)
All other scholarship recipient expenses related to the conference will not be covered by RGDSN (i.e. meal expenses, additional guests in hotel room, etc.).
- Attend with Individual with Down Syndrome (Note: if special circumstances, board will consider)
- Member of RGDSN (click here if not a member to sign up)
- Live in New Mexico
- Have not received RGDSN scholarship in 2017, 2016 or 2015
Scholarship recipients will be responsible for directly purchasing all scholarship items noted above and submit receipts for reimbursement to RGDSN in a timely manner. Registration and hotel rooms will open early April and need to be secured by scholarship recipient the day it is open. If you would like a hard copy application, please email email@example.com or call/text 505-382-5061. The RGDSN Board will consider special circumstances that don't meet the criteria noted above. Please note the circumstance you would like considered below.